Updates for Spring 2022 Semester due to Omicron Variant
We continue to monitor the COVID-19 pandemic and evolve plans as needed based on information from the city, 状态, 以及联邦公共卫生官员. 广泛的报道, the spread of the COVID-19 Omicron variant has surged in the Northeast United States and the Philadelphia area. 的 following updates provide the opportunity to better monitor the Omicron surge’s impact after the winter holidays, in order to mitigate further spread among our community members.
Rather than returning to in-person orientation on 周三, 1月12日, 2022年和周四上课, 1月13日, the 2022世界杯买球盘口 of Fine Arts will begin the semester's instruction virtually, with the intention to begin in-person instruction on 星期五, 1月21日, 2022.
Move-in for college 学生 living in Stiles Hall will take place as scheduled on 周六, 1月8日及星期日, 1月9日.
Individual studios, shops, and labs will remain open as scheduled.
继续世界杯买球盘口课程, many of which were already planned to be held virtually, 将于星期二开始, 1月18日, 2022.
All PAFA units remain open and in operation with the following protocols:
- 画廊: 的 博物馆 will remain open to the public. A mask is required for all including faculty, 工作人员, 学生, 供应商, 游客, 和客户.
- 设施租赁:自1月3日起, 2022, any establishment in Philadelphia that sells food and/or drink for consumption on网站 may admit only those patrons who have completed their vaccine series against COVID-19. This mandate from the City of Philadelphia applies to all PAFA external and internal events where food and/or drink will be consumed.
- Tableau Cafe: PAFA will require that all faculty, 工作人员, 学生 and 游客 show identification and proof of vaccination* to enter Tableau Café. Proof of identification in the form of a PAFA ID, driver’s license or government-issued photo identification must accompany proof of vaccination status. Employees and 学生 will be allowed to show their wristbands received during their daily ComplianceHR check-in to enter Tableau Café.
- 博物馆 Store: 的 博物馆 Store will remain open. A mask is required for all PAFA community members including faculty, 工作人员, 学生, 供应商, 游客, 和客户.
Mandatory Requirements for the Community
Our collective responsibility for helping to mitigate and prevent the spread of COVID-19 at PAFA is to vax, 面具和监控:
- Vax: PAFA is requiring the COVID-19 booster and flu vaccine for employees and college 学生 by January 17, 2022. 请参考12月21日, 2021 message for more information and instructions (also linked in messages sent to PAFA employee and student email accounts on December 29).
- Mask: Masking remains a vital component of our safety protocols. 的 室内面具要求 will not change; masks will still be required indoors in classrooms, 办公室, 以及公共区域. Masks will not be required in private 办公室 when employees are alone. 的 wearing of masks is also required for 供应商, 游客, 客户, 以及任何室内的公众.
- Monitor: To maintain a safe environment, all faculty and 工作人员 will continue to be required to complete their individual screening questionnaire in ComplianceHR each day before arriving on PAFA’s campus. When you are sick, you are encouraged to stay home.
*Acceptable proof of a COVID-19 vaccination includes a CDC vaccination card, 信用卡的复印件, or a photo of the card on a mobile device. Cardholders must be at least two weeks past receiving their first dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine or the second dose in a two-dose series vaccine (e.g.、辉瑞生物科技或Moderna).
Certain people who cannot be vaccinated are exempted from this requirement:
- Children under five years and three months of age
- People with signed medical exemptions from a licensed practitioner
- 有宗教豁免权的人, who have attested in writing that they have a sincerely held religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated
Despite the surge of the Omicron variant, we are proud of our collective efforts to keep our campus safe. We wish you much enjoyment with friends and family over this holiday break. Please remember to take all precautions to stay safe and healthy.